We're Hiring: Brand UX / UI Designer
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer with a brand focus to join our team. You’ll take a lead role in creating brilliant, award-winning designs for clients across Australia. You’ll help visionary brands and business leaders navigate growth with strategy, design and technology.
You care about good brands and building sustainable businesses with purpose, like working at a fast pace and experimenting with new ideas.
You’ll see and help create new opportunities for our clients and their brands, while being focused on having a real, and tangible impact. You’re ambitious, driven to create beautiful and meaningful brands, and like us, bring a holistic and collaborative approach, with a thoughtful and nuanced perspective on solving brand challenges.
You’ll work hand-in-hand with our designers, developers and marketers, focusing on building relationships with our clients and our community. We think the best part of what we do is working with the people we do.
We are a brand, digital and marketing studio based on the Mornington Peninsula. We help visionary brands and business leaders navigate growth with strategy, design and technology. We focus on building relationships and forming strategic partnerships to collaboratively create meaningful, purposed and growing brands.
We help brands define their purpose, find clarity, and navigate complexity. Our world is changing, it means we need to re-think old problems and propose new solutions. Our designers are informed by actionable and nuanced strategy, they help leaders find a distinct position in the new world, with the words and means to communicate it.
What we're reading: Do Purpose by David Hieatt, Measure What Matters by John Doerr, Deep Work by Cal Newport, It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
Learn about our values here.
The role looks like this:
Planning & Workshops
Expect to be involved from start to finish. You’ll be able to see a design project through from day dot, offer strategic insights in workshops, and communicate succinctly to key stakeholders the plan, process and what to expect.
You’ll look iterate and consistently improve on our process. You’re happy to keep your knowledge base up to date, and have time to bring people on the journey with you.
Depth & Change
Things are always changing, you’ll be on top of the latest design developments, and looking to demonstrate your new skills. We’ll encourage you and support you to grow, while giving you space to deliver amazing work.
Do you wake up and think ‘graphic design is my passion’ and enjoy a good meme? In seriousness, do you believe in design and understand its transformative power to impact people, businesses and brands for good?
We’re a small and passionate team, we’re looking for someone who can take initiative and solidify our place as future-oriented design leaders.
Supporting our team in workshops and leading strategy sessions is a piece of cake, and maybe you also just enjoy cake. Work with our team and clients to execute vision that resonates and excites.
This role is requires a lot of both problem solving skills and empathy, as the products you will be building will have a huge impact on our users' lives.
While we’re open to exploring people from all kinds of backgrounds, we think this role may be best suited to an applicant with 3+ years experience in digital/UX/UI design. But go on, blow us away. This is a mid to senior level role, although we value ability and character highly.
We’re looking for the following experience, and capabilities:
- A Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- 3+ years experience in digital/UX/UI design with a portfolio
- Figma/Sketch with experience in auto-layout and components
- Designing and setting up usable atomic design systems
- A strong eye for typography, spacing, iconography and interaction design
- Strong UX and visual design skills – we want someone with a range of abilities, from producing wireframes to delivering responsive ready-to-build visual designs
- Planning, running design workshops
- Good attention to detail – your application should include the word "pizza" somewhere
- You must legally be able to work in Australia
- An interest in learning HTML, CSS & JS
- An interest in learning Cinema 4D
- Experience in motion and interaction design
- A passion for branding, and brand thinking
- An appreciation for James Clear & The Knowledge Project
- Experience working in a growing agency environment
You’re also able to demonstrate:
- Kindness, empathy and respect
- An optimistic, and humorous outlook
- A can-do attitude and an approach that looks to help
- An ability to thrive in a positive, generative team culture
- Experience managing multiple projects and teams with budget and time constraints
- And know-how in caring for office plants
- Work with purpose, shape the future
- You’ll be empowered to help shape our business, the work we do and the impact we have
- We’re flexible. Although we love being together, we get it, life is busy. We’ll likely take a blended approach, working both remote and in-person
- Bottomless coffee - thanks to our Midnight Blue Moccamaster
- Beer. Whisky. Pizza. Beach. Mornington’s Industrial Estate is full of good things
- Learn, with us. We want you to keep growing, for skills and personal development. We value learning in our projects. You'll be immersed in a variety of contexts, use your craft, in a multi-disciplinary team, to solve problems
- A warm working environment that is welcoming of new ideas and ways of working
Tell us why you’d be a great cultural and skills fit for ONETOO. Submit your cover letter, portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. We can’t wait to meet you.